Trump dropped the bomb of immigration last night, and provided more insight into his bold AF statement in today's White House Briefing.
As always, here's a simple breakdown of this briefing in easy-to-read bullet points so you don't have to sit through 2 hours of rude reporters.
“Among our grief we are making tremendous strides against the invisible enemy.”
- The Senate passed the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Healthcare Enhancement Act (HEA)
- The funding package is $482 billion: $383 billion to crucial small businesses to support workers on payroll, $75 billion to aid hospitals, & $25 billion to support COVID-19 testing efforts
- Probably voting tomorrow in the house
President Trump then brought Steve Mnuchin to explain the package
- $350 billion of the package is for disaster loans
- Over 1 million companies with less than 10 workers have already received their share
- The intent is not for big companies that have access to capital & liquidity
- Harvard cheated the system and will be returning what was given to them.
- There will be severe consequences for those who don't test properly for the loan
- Phase 4 would be put towards infrastructure
- There will be independent oversight with a new Inspector General & Oversight Committee
- The PPP has saved over 30 million jobs
Trump then took back the stage
“It would be wrong and unjust for Americans laid off by the virus to be replaced with new immigrant labor flown in from abroad. We must first take care of the american worker.”
- President Trump is pausing immigration for at least 60 days
- This is to put unemployed Americans first in line for jobs
- Any extension or modulation will be assessed at the end of the 60 days
- This will also help conserve medical resources for Americans
- The federal government is way ahead of schedule with ventilator production
- GE is working with Ford to make 50,000 ventilators in the next 100 days
- Testing in the Metro NYC are will be doubled in the next 2 weeks
- More than 5 million masks will be sent to the Metro NYC Area this week
- The FDA has authorized more than 50 diagnostic tests which includes the first at-home test
Take 36% Off our best-selling "Keep America Great Donald Trump American Flag Nomad Shoes"!
President Trump working for America first!!! <3