Amidst the lack of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and common sense due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there is a beam of bright light, and that beacon of hope is President Trump.
Just recently, President Trump announced that he plans to send two checks to every qualified legal American citizen to help them through these difficult economic times.
Not soon after, the White House decided to push this $1 trillion emergency package along to quickly aide the American public.
As of writing this article, the American people will receive one check on April 6th and another on May 18th.
ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW
- Both payments will be the same dollar amount
- The payments will be determined by family income & size
- It's not official, but rent suspension may also be included in the package.
SOME MORE INFORMATION
Although providing the American public is a core aspect of this package, there are other aspects to help other suffering economic sectors & businesses.
Compared to Obama Bin Laden's pathetic excuse for a recession stimulus package, this is much larger and much more rapidly executed. To put it into perspective, Obama's stimulus package took effect 14 months after the recession, whereas President Trump's was almost immediately.
On Wednesday, the Senate also sent the President another bill which pushed for:
- Free COVID-19 testing
- Increased food assistance for however long the pandemic lasts
- Up to 2 weeks of paid sick leave
- A boost to unemployment insurance
President "China Virus" Trump signed that s#!t the same day.
ALSO INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
Being a man of business before a politician, President Trump knows that certain economic sectors are needed to keep America going as we know it, so he included the following in the package:
- $300 billion will go to small businesses directly affected by COVID-19, such as bars & restaurants.
- $150 billion will be loaned to aforementioned economic backbones via secured lending or loan guarantees. This includes sectors such as cruise lines, hotels, and others.
- $50 billion will be loaned to the airline industry, which took a massive hit. Take a look at how much a domestic US flight costs now. It's ridiculous.
Although this all sounds nice and dandy, you can bet your ass that the Democrats will push back and screw things up royally, so take this all with a grain of salt.
What do you think of the emergency package?
Was this a virus China released intentionally to cripple the American economy?
Or was it a retaliation from Iran for killing Soleimani?
Let me know in the comments!
UNITED WE STAND
Liberty Tee Shop